Everyone who lives in the Merchant City & Trongate area is warmly invited to join us for our Community Council Meeting on 26 January 2021. The meeting is held via Zoom – send us an email to receive the registration link.
All timings are approximate and are subject to change – please feel free to drop in for the areas that interest you.
1. 1900 Welcome by Chair (Duncan MacLaren)
3. 1910 Minutes of the last meeting, approval and action points. Please review the draft minutes before the meeting
4. 1920 Matters arising not on the agenda
5. 1925 Report from the Treasurer (Gerald)
6. 1930 Report on those issues forwarded to the police (Tam)
7. 1940 Merchant City Park update (Peter and Eileen)
8. 1945 Councillors’ Reports
9. 2015 Planning Applications (Peter)
10. 2020 Licensing Applications (Tam)
11. 2025 Report on social media platforms and related matters (Niall)
12. 2030 Report on Begging Strategy (Duncan)
13. 2040 Addressing local issues –Drug issues (Tam); proposed Jocelyn Square development (Duncan); proposed Candleriggs pedestrianisation (Peter).
If you’ve not attended a Zoom meeting before, please review our guide before joining the meeting.
We record our meetings to help the Secretary create an accurate minute. The recordings are deleted once that is complete. If you’re not happy to be recorded, please let us know in advance of the meeting starting.