On this page:
- Our role in Planning
- Specific types of development
- Latest Planning News
- Current Major Planning applications
- Closed or decided planning applications
- Public Consultations – Current and Future
- Public Consultations – Completed
- Recent Licensing Applications
Our Role in Planning
Community Councils are statutory consultees for planning applications submitted to local authorities in Scotland. As such, we are able to ensure that the views of the community are heard for any developments in our area.
Generally, MCTCC will generally only comment on major developments or work that will impact on the area. Representations made by MCTCC in relation to any planning application will be recorded on the Council’s planning portal.
We will publish details of upcoming public consultation events here, as well as new major planning applications.
We are also consulted on licensing applications for bars, restaurants and shops, and will discuss these at our regular meetings.
Specific types of development
Latest Planning News
Latest Major Planning Applications
Due to the current situation, very few planning applications are being submitted; however, any major developments will be included here.
Closed/Decided Major applications
A summary of closed and decided major applications can be found below, or visit our archive for more information about applications that have been considered by the Community Council. More detail can is available on the Council’s Planning Portal
Major Applications which are closed for comments
- 20/00822/FUL – Jocelyn Square, renewal of planning permission
- 20/00539/FUL – Jocelyn Square – Proposed change of original consent
Major Applications – decided
Public Consultations – Current and Future
Glasgow City Development Plan 2 – this is the overarching plan for the future development of the city, including the City Centre. We are closely monitoring the development of the plan, and will publicise relevant events and consultation here.
Any public consultations being run by Glasgow City Council will be displayed here, with links for more details.
Please check back regularly, as new consultations are launched throughout the year.
- 7 October 2020 – Glasgow – a new vision for transport, people and place – webinar
- Connecting Communities – Public Conversation
- Consultation on Licensing of Short Term Lets
- King Street Car Park – Pre-application consultation
- Your City Centre 2020 – Help shape the future of (Y)our City Centre Districts
Recent Licensing Applications
Any licensing applications that we’re made aware of will be listed here. Glasgow City Council Licensing Board are responsible for issuing licenses. Any new applications are displayed on their website for a period of 7 days.