On this page:
- Our role in Planning
- Specific types of development
- Latest Planning News
- Current Major Planning applications
- Closed or decided planning applications
- Public Consultations – Current and Future
- Public Consultations – Completed
- Recent Licensing Applications
Our Role in Planning
Community Councils are statutory consultees for planning applications submitted to local authorities in Scotland. As such, we are able to ensure that the views of the community are heard for any developments in our area.
Generally, MCTCC will generally only comment on major developments or work that will impact on the area. Representations made by MCTCC in relation to any planning application will be recorded on the Council’s planning portal.
We will publish details of upcoming public consultation events here, as well as new major planning applications.
We are also consulted on licensing applications for bars, restaurants and shops, and will discuss these at our regular meetings.
If you’d like to comment on a planning application, the Planning Democracy website has very useful guides to help you.
Specific types of development
Latest Planning News
- Proposed redevelopment of site at 65-97 Ingram StArtisan Real Estate proposes to build low carbon new homes for sale with ground floor spaces to work and enjoy on the former City Council owned Ingram Street car park site at 65-97 Ingram Street. An online public consultation will go live on Tuesday 8th February and will run until 3rd April – a period of 8 weeks,. To comply […]
- Planning Application – Howard St – Conversion of shop to takeaway and erection of external flue (21/03868/FUL)A planning application has been lodged for permission for the use of retail unit (Class 1) as hot-food takeaway (Sui Generis), erection of flue and frontage alterations. | 27 Howard Street Glasgow G1 4BA Reference: 21/03868/FULLast date for Comments: 11 February 2022Making comments: Comments can be made via the Council’s online portal or in writing. Glasgow City […]
- Reminder – St Enoch Masterplan Consultation Event this Friday and SaturdayJust a reminder that the team behind the St Enoch Masterplan are holding a consultation event in the centre this Friday and Saturday between 10am and 3pm. You’ll find an exhibition in the unit next to Millie’s Cookies on the ground floor, where you can leave feedback. If you visit their webpage during the same […]
- Meet Our Waterfront Drop-in SessionMeet Our Waterfront is a project commissioned by Glasgow City Council to develop an urban masterplan for Custom House Quay and Carlton Place. The urban masterplan formed on the basis of a new structural quay wall built into the river, providing new development plots, new high quality public realm (of at least equal quantum to […]
- St Enoch Centre Masterplan – Public Consultation eventThe owners of St Enoch Centre will be hosting a public consultation event on Friday 1 and Saturday 2 October, between 10am and 3pm, online and in the unit next to Millie’s Cookies in the Centre. More details here: https://st-enoch.com/masterplan/
Recent Planning Applications
- Planning Application – Howard St – Conversion of shop to takeaway and erection of external flue (21/03868/FUL)
- Planning Application 21/03795/FUL – Site at former High St Goods Yard (Adjacent to MCTCC boundary)
- Planning Application 21/01589/FUL – Use of public footpath as external seating area associated with adjacent licensed premises
- Planning Application 21/01565/PPP – Site Bounded By Howard Street/ King Street/Osborne Street/Stockwell Street/ Bridgegate Glasgow
- Candleriggs Planning Application – 20/02377/MSC | Erection of mixed use development
Closed/Decided Major applications
A summary of closed and decided major applications can be found below, or visit our archive for more information about applications that have been considered by the Community Council. More detail can is available on the Council’s Planning Portal
Major Applications which are closed for comments
- Planning Application for Use of Carriageway as External Seating Area in Association With Adjacent Premises, 44 Candleriggs (21/01379/FUL)
- Planning Application – outdoor seating for Citation(Withdrawn)
- Planning Application 21/00414/CON – Demolition of unlisted building High St/George St and erection of mixed use development
- 20/00822/FUL – Jocelyn Square, renewal of planning permission
- 20/00539/FUL – Jocelyn Square – Proposed change of original consent
Major Applications – decided
- Approved – Planning Application 21/00997/FUL – alteration to existing plan for Hotel on site bounded by Trongate/Wilson St/Hutcheson St/Brunswick St
- 19/03665/PPP – Candleriggs
Public Consultations – Current and Future
Glasgow City Development Plan 2 – this is the overarching plan for the future development of the city, including the City Centre. We are closely monitoring the development of the plan, and will publicise relevant events and consultation here.
Any public consultations being run by Glasgow City Council will be displayed here, with links for more details.
Please check back regularly, as new consultations are launched throughout the year.
- Proposed redevelopment of site at 65-97 Ingram St
- Public Consultation – New Primary School (City South)
- High St Goods Yard – further consultation event, 27 October 2021
- High St Goods Yard – Consultation event 14 October
- Reminder: Meet the Waterfront Consultation event this Wednesday and Thursday
- Proposed School Term Dates 2022 – 2024
- Custom House Quay Redevelopment Masterplan – have your Say
- Moving Forward Spaces for People – Online Survey Now Open
- SPT Regional Transport Strategy Case for Change Consultation
- Last Chance to comment – Student Accommodation
Recent Licensing Applications
Any licensing applications that we’re made aware of will be listed here. Glasgow City Council Licensing Board are responsible for issuing licenses. Any new applications are displayed on their website for a period of 7 days.