On this page:
- Our role in Planning
- Specific types of development
- Latest Planning News
- Current Major Planning applications
- Closed or decided planning applications
- Public Consultations – Current and Future
- Public Consultations – Completed
- Recent Licensing Applications
Our Role in Planning
Community Councils are statutory consultees for planning applications submitted to local authorities in Scotland. As such, we are able to ensure that the views of the community are heard for any developments in our area.
Generally, MCTCC will generally only comment on major developments or work that will impact on the area. Representations made by MCTCC in relation to any planning application will be recorded on the Council’s planning portal.
We will publish details of upcoming public consultation events here, as well as new major planning applications.
We are also consulted on licensing applications for bars, restaurants and shops, and will discuss these at our regular meetings.
If you’d like to comment on a planning application, the Planning Democracy website has very useful guides to help you.
Specific types of development
Latest Planning News
- Buchanan Galleries RedevelopmentOutside our area, but an important development for the city centre nonetheless: The second stage of Buchanan Galleries consultation has kicked off with the release of artists impressions that bring to life the evolving plans. The images reflect feedback from the first stage public consultation and show how replacing the existing Buchanan Galleries building would […]
- Strathclyde University TIC2 ConsultationOn Monday 12th September (3pm-7pm) the consultation website will be activated with a live chat function. This will enable direct contact with the project team who will be able to answer questions. Persons willing to participate should access the consultation website at Charles Huang Advanced Technology and Innovation Centre | University of Strathclyde and follow the ‘live chat’ […]
- Redevelopment of King St Car Park ApprovedGlasgow City Council have today (11 May 2022) approved the redevelopment of King St Car Park (site bounded by Howard St, King St, Osborne St, Stockwell St and Bridgegate) as a mixed use development comprising residential flats (sui generis) office and business (Class 4), hotel and hostel (Class 7 and sui generis), shops (Class 1), […]
- Phased Demolition of St Enoch Shopping centre and subsequent redevelopment – Planning ApplicationA planning application has been submitted for the Phased demolition of existing St Enoch shopping centre with redevelopment and refurbishment of demolition site and surrounding land/buildings including erection of phased mixed use development comprising retail (Class 1), financial and professional services (Class 2), restaurants (Class 3), public house (sui generis), office and business space (Class […]
- Green Growth Not BuildingA Public Meeting for ‘Green Growth not Building’ will be held on 07 April 2022 at 18:30, to consider prospects for the green, amenity park ambitions now that Artisan Real Estate want to build flats on the Ingram St car park site. Attendance in person at the Colabor8te offices, 22 Montrose Street or by Zoom. All welcome. Register […]
Recent Planning Applications
- Planning Application: 22/01862/FUL – 9-11 Argyle St
- Planning Application: 22/01899/FUL – 101 Trongate
- Planning Application 22/01016/FUL – Use of retail unit (Class 1) as Class 3 and external alterations – 136 Ingram Street
- Planning Application 22/01225/FUL – Ingram St Car Park Site
- Phased Demolition of St Enoch Shopping centre and subsequent redevelopment – Planning Application
Closed/Decided Major applications
A summary of closed and decided major applications can be found below, or visit our archive for more information about applications that have been considered by the Community Council. More detail can is available on the Council’s Planning Portal
Major Applications which are closed for comments
- Planning Applications – Former Lewis’s Department Store
- Planning Application 21/03795/FUL – Site at former High St Goods Yard (Adjacent to MCTCC boundary)
- Planning Application for Use of Carriageway as External Seating Area in Association With Adjacent Premises, 44 Candleriggs (21/01379/FUL)
- Planning Application – outdoor seating for Citation(Withdrawn)
- Planning Application 21/00414/CON – Demolition of unlisted building High St/George St and erection of mixed use development
Major Applications – decided
- Redevelopment of King St Car Park Approved
- Approved – Planning Application 21/00997/FUL – alteration to existing plan for Hotel on site bounded by Trongate/Wilson St/Hutcheson St/Brunswick St
- 19/03665/PPP – Candleriggs
Public Consultations – Current and Future
Glasgow City Development Plan 2 – this is the overarching plan for the future development of the city, including the City Centre. We are closely monitoring the development of the plan, and will publicise relevant events and consultation here.
Any public consultations being run by Glasgow City Council will be displayed here, with links for more details.
Please check back regularly, as new consultations are launched throughout the year.
- Buchanan Galleries Redevelopment
- Strathclyde University TIC2 Consultation
- Consultation launched – Glasgow City Centre Transformation Plan
- Avenues Consultation – Argyle St East/St Enoch Sq/Dixon St (Online)
- Short Term Lets – Consultation on Glasgow City Council’s proposed policy launched
- Final engagement on design of George Square and surrounding streets begins
- Scottish Fire and Rescue Service – Draft Strategic Plan 2022-25
- Consultation – Creating People-First infrastructure in a City Centre Campus
- Proposed School Term Dates 2022 – 2024
- Custom House Quay Redevelopment Masterplan – have your Say
Recent Licensing Applications
Any licensing applications that we’re made aware of will be listed here. Glasgow City Council Licensing Board are responsible for issuing licenses. Any new applications are displayed on their website for a period of 7 days.