This accessibility statement applies to the https://mctcc.scot website. This website is run by Merchant City and Trongate Community Council. It has been designed to comply with W3C’s Web Accessibility Initiative’s (WAI) Guidelines, and to allow as many people as possible to use it, including older audiences and those with visual, hearing, cognitive or motor impairments.
You should be able to:
- zoom in up to 300% without text spilling off the screen
- navigate the website successfully on a mobile device or desktop computer
- change the colours on the website using browser or operating system preferences
- navigate most of the website using just your keyboard, or using speech recognition software such as JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver
- Where a document can be downloaded, such as in PDF, it will open in a new browser window.
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
Parts of this website are not fully accessible. For example:
- some documents are in PDF or XLSX format and are not accessible, because they are not structured in a format that can be read by screen readers.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We are working to ensure that any new PDFs or Word documents we publish meet accessibility standards. This does not extend to documents and webpages published by other organisations that we may link to, as we have no control over their content.
How to request content in an accessible format
If you need information in a different format contact us and tell us:
- the web address (URL) of the content
- your name and email address
- the format you need, for example large print, accessible PDF
What do do if you find an accessibility problem on this website
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Merchant City & Trongate Community Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is fully compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
We do not currently stream live video. If we do so in the future, we do not plan to add captions to live video streams because live video is exempt from meeting the accessibility regulations.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 6 June 2020. It was last reviewed on 23 January 2021. The website was last tested in June 2020; the testing was carried out by ourselves. Read the full accessibility report.
Page last updated 23 January 2021