Welcome to Merchant City & Trongate Community Council (MCTCC) – your Community Council, at the heart of Glasgow, and a warm welcome to our website, whether this is your first visit or you’re a regular visitor. As well as the latest news affecting our community, we have links to COVID-19 resources, a local services directory and a gallery showcasing the Merchant City & Trongate areas of Glasgow.
In anticipation of the COP26 summit being held in Glasgow later in the year, we now have a dedicated COP26 news page.
- AGM and Community Council Meeting – October 2021Our AGM and normal meeting will take place on 26 October 2021. Register for this meeting. Annual General Meeting Welcome by Chair (Duncan MacLaren, Chair) Apologies Minutes of AGM held on 25th October 2019 (there were no AGMs in 2020 because of the pandemic): to be voted on. Draft minutes: AGM 25 October 2019. Chairman’s […]
- Reporting Problems with the My Glasgow AppIf you have a smartphone, the quickest way to report problems in Glasgow, such as overflowing bins, missed bin collections, fly tipping, etc., is to use the MyGlasgow app – its available for both iOS and Android. You can pinpoint the location, take photos, and you’ll get an email when the problem is resolved. Apple: […]
- St Enoch Masterplan publishedA Masterplan for the future of St Enoch has been published. Consultation event 1st and 2nd October online and in the centre. https://st-enoch.com/masterplan/
- Ingram St Car Park Sale Still in Progress15 September 2021 – Despite best efforts of the Merchant City Park Group and Campaigns by them over 3 years, at the MCTCC monthly meeting on 31 August 2021, the Deputy Lord Provost confirmed that plans continue to go ahead to sell, and build on the Ingram Street Car Park Site (pending planning approval), and […]
- Road Closures – 17/18 September 2021Due to processions taking place on Saturday 18th September, there will be various restrictions in place affecting the MCTCC area. Bus lane restrictions on North Hanover St, Glassford St, West George St and Victoria Bridge will be lifted between 0800 and 1600 on 18 September. No Waiting and Loading from 1500 on 17 September to […]
- Meet Our Waterfront Walkabout – 11 AugustThe Community Council were excited today to spend some time with the team from New Practice and Hawkins Brown Architects to find out more about the MeetOurWaterfront project which will regenerate the city centre stretch of the River Clyde. There are several upcoming opportunities for the community to engage with the project: Fri 13 Aug: […]
Latest Planning News
- Reminder – St Enoch Masterplan Consultation Event this Friday and SaturdayJust a reminder that the team behind the St Enoch Masterplan are holding a consultation event in the centre this Friday and Saturday between 10am and 3pm. You’ll find an exhibition in the unit next to Millie’s Cookies on the ground floor, where you can leave feedback. If you visit their webpage during the same […]
- Meet Our Waterfront Drop-in SessionMeet Our Waterfront is a project commissioned by Glasgow City Council to develop an urban masterplan for Custom House Quay and Carlton Place. The urban masterplan formed on the basis of a new structural quay wall built into the river, providing new development plots, new high quality public realm (of at least equal quantum to […]
- St Enoch Centre Masterplan – Public Consultation eventThe owners of St Enoch Centre will be hosting a public consultation event on Friday 1 and Saturday 2 October, between 10am and 3pm, online and in the unit next to Millie’s Cookies in the Centre. More details here: https://st-enoch.com/masterplan/
Community Council News
- DRAFT MERCHANT CITY & TRONGATE COMMUNITY COUNCIL – MINUTE OF THE A.G.M.THURSDAY 29th OCTOBER 2019 AT 7 PM PRESENT COMMUNITY COUNCILLORS Tam Coyle (Chair), Duncan MacLaren (V/C), Gerald Hirst, Peter Hayman, Niall McColl, Eileen Mills and Chris Murphy. RESIDENTS DC, TM, DD, GS,DH,KF,TD,AP,AC,DM,CC EX-OFFICIO ATTENDING Lee Handling (GCC IRI), Bethany Cheyne and Keili Koppel (Glasgow School of Art). ELECTED REPs: Cllr Angus Millar. APOLOGIES Provost Eva Bolander, Bailie Philip Braat, RJ,. […]
- DRAFT Merchant City & Trongate Community Council (MCTCC) Minutes, 28 September 2021These minutes will be reviewed and approved at our October meeting Online Conference by ZoomTuesday 28th September, at 7pm Attendance Community Councillors: Duncan MacLaren (Chair), David Cowan (Secretary), Peter Hayman, Gerald Hirst (Treasurer), Eileen Mills and Scott Thornton. Residents SW, EM, AL, GA, DK, DW. Elected Representatives: Vice Lord Provost Christy Mearns, Cllr Eva Bolander, Cllr Angus Millar. Ex-Officio: Simon […]
- Approved MCTCC Meeting Minutes, 31 August 2021These minutes were approved at our meeting on 28 September. Proposed by Gerald Hirst; Seconded by AL Online Conference by ZoomTuesday 31st August, at 7pm Community Councillors:Duncan MacLaren (Chair) Tam Coyle (V/C), David Cowan (Secretary), Peter Hayman, Gerald Hirst (Treasurer), Eileen Mills, Daniel O’Malley and Scott Thornton. Residents: EM, AL, GA. Elected Representatives.: Alison Thewliss MP, Vice Lord Provost Christy […]