Welcome to Merchant City & Trongate Community Council (MCTCC) – your Community Council, at the heart of Glasgow, and a warm welcome to our website, whether this is your first visit or you’re a regular visitor. We hope you find something of interest – as well as the latest news affecting our community, we have links to COVID-19 resources, a local services directory and a gallery showcasing the Merchant City & Trongate areas of Glasgow.
- Community Council Meeting – June 2021Please register for this meeting using the link below AGENDA 1. Welcome by Chair (Duncan MacLaren)2. Apologies 3. Minutes of the last meeting, approval and action points4. Matters arising not on the agenda 5. Presentation by Lorenzo Mele, Executive Producer of the Merchant City Festival (TBC)6. Report from the Treasurer (Gerald) 7. Report on those […]
- City Centre Road Closures – EUFA 2020There will be road closures in the city centre on each of the Hampden match days (Monday 14th, Friday 18th, Tuesday 22nd and Tuesday 29th June). The roads will be closed between 0600 and 2359: Blythswood Square Albion St between George St and Ingram St Shuttle St between George St and Ingram St
- Roadworks – Saltmarket (19 – 24 May)Network Rail will be carrying out work at the railway bridge on Saltmarket from 19 May – 24 May. Traffic will be controlled by traffic lights.
- Moving Forward Spaces for People – Online Survey Now OpenGlasgow City Council have launched an online consultation survey seeking your views on the Spaces for People physical distancing measures delivered during COVID-19, and whether any should be retained permanently. Please take this opportunity to comment on the measures that have been implemented in and around the Merchant City & Trongate area, and across any areas of Glasgow […]
- Police Scotland launch new national division – Partnerships, Prevention and Community Wellbeing DivisionPolice Scotland’s newest national division – Partnerships, Prevention and Community Wellbeing – has recently been launched. The division has been created and designed to reflect and reinforce the increasing shift within Police Scotland to adopt a public health, whole system approach to tackling many of the complex issues faced by a significant proportion of the […]
- SPT Regional Transport Strategy Case for Change ConsultationStrathclyde Partnership for Transport (SPT) have recently published their draft Case for Change Report for the Regional Transport Strategy, and welcome feedback on the report before 11 June 2021. SPT has a statutory duty under the Transport (Scotland) Act 2005 to produce a Regional Transport Strategy (RTS) for the west of Scotland. A new RTS […]
Latest Planning News
- Planning Application for Use of Carriageway as External Seating Area in Association With Adjacent Premises, 44 Candleriggs (21/01379/FUL)
- Planning Application – alteration to existing plan for Hotel on site bounded by Trongate/Wilson St/Hutcheson St/Brunswick St (Closed for comments)An application has been submitted to Glasgow City Council by Drum Property to alter the existing plan (approved in 2019 – application reference 19/03663/FUL) for the hotel on the Candleriggs site bounded by Trongate/Brunswick St/Wilson St/Hutcheson St. The main change is to add a rooftop terrace on level 8 on the Trongate side. Reference: 21/00997/FUL […]
- Planning Application – outdoor seating for Citation(Withdrawn)WITHDRAWN – An application has been lodged by Citation for planning permission to use the area outside their premises as seating for up to 192 guests. The application includes areas on Hutcheson St, Wilson St and Brunswick St. Last date for comments is 9 April 2021. Comments can be made via the Council’s online portal, or in writing. […]
Community Council News
- DRAFT MCTCC Meeting Minutes, 25 May 2021These draft minutes will be presented to our meeting on 29th June for approval.
- Approved MCTCC Meeting Minutes, 27 April 2021Approved at our meeting on 25 May 2021
- Community Council Meeting – May 2021All residents of the Merchant City & Trongate area are invited to join our meeting via Microsoft Teams. Agenda Welcome by Chair (Duncan MacLaren) Apologies Minutes of the last meeting, approval and action points Matters arising not on the agenda Report from the Treasurer (Gerald) Report on those issues forwarded to the police (Tam) Councillors’ Reports Planning Applications inc Fire […]