Welcome to Merchant City & Trongate Community Council (MCTCC) – your Community Council, at the heart of Glasgow, and a warm welcome to our website, whether this is your first visit or you’re a regular visitor. We hope you find something of interest – as well as the latest news affecting our community, we have links to COVID-19 resources, a local services directory and a gallery showcasing the Merchant City & Trongate areas of Glasgow.
- Community Council Meeting – April 2021All residents of the Merchant City & Trongate area are invited to join our meeting via Microsoft Teams. Agenda Welcome by Chair (Duncan MacLaren) Apologies Minutes of the last meeting, approval and action points Presentation by Denise Hamilton, City Centre Manager, GCC Report from the Treasurer (Gerald) Report on those issues forwarded to the police […]
- (Y)our Merchant City WorkshopsHow would you improve the Merchant City? What projects do you think would make a difference? What would you support and like to see happen? An Action Plan and Framework for the regeneration of the Merchant City is currently being prepared by a consultant team appointed by Glasgow City Council. We want your input to […]
- SAVE THE DATE – Glasgow Kelvin Constituency Hustings – Merchant City & Trongate (Ward 10)SAVE THE DATE – Glasgow Kelvin Constituency Hustings – Merchant City & Trongate (Ward 10) Thursday 29th April, from 7pm – 9pm, join us online for a hustings featuring the candidates standing for the Glasgow Kelvin constituency vote in Ward 10. Registration details to follow soon
- MCTCC Survey 2021 LaunchesHave your say in the issues affecting our area Merchant City & Trongate Community Council are delighted to launch their 2021 survey, which aims to understand what the residents of the area think are the main issues affecting the Merchant City & Trongate areas, and what can be done to improve them, as well as […]
- COP26 – Volunteering – last chance to applyThe time is fast approaching for what is likely to be your last chance to get involved in a great opportunity to be part of COP26 – the UN Climate Change Conference hosted in Glasgow this November! Applications to be a COP26 volunteer will close on March 31st 2021 so take this opportunity to consider […]
- Public urged to phone 111 before showing up to GP Out of HoursSharp spike in unscheduled attendances putting model at risk Following an increase in the number of attempted walk-ins at GP Out of Hours centres, NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde is urging patients to call NHS24 and not turn up at GP Out of Hours sites without an appointment to help preserve the safety of other patients and […]
Latest Planning News
- Planning Application – outdoor seating for Citation(closed for comments)An application has been lodged by Citation for planning permission to use the area outside their premises as seating for up to 192 guests. The application includes areas on Hutcheson St, Wilson St and Brunswick St. Last date for comments is 9 April 2021. Comments can be made via the Council’s online portal, or in writing. Reference: 21/00519/FUL
- Festival Village Candleriggs Square – Application for Alcohol licence (Comments Closed)An application has been submitted for a licence to sell alcohol for on-sales at the event space on Candleriggs Square, from 26 April through to 1 August 2021. If approved, the space will sell food, alcohol and non-alcoholic drinks between 11am and 10pm, 7 days a week. Any objections to this application must be made […]
- Planning Application 21/00414/CON – Demolition of unlisted building High St/George St and erection of mixed use development UPDATED CLOSING DATEAn application has been submitted for the demolition of the buildings at 219 – 229 High St and the erection of a mixed use development comprising 239 residential flats (studio, 1 and 2 bed), residential amenity spaces, public house, retail, professional services, food and drink, office, leisure and associated access, servicing, landscaping and other physical […]
Community Council News
- Community Council Meeting – April 2021All residents of the Merchant City & Trongate area are invited to join our meeting via Microsoft Teams. Agenda Welcome by Chair (Duncan MacLaren) Apologies Minutes of the last meeting, approval and action points Presentation by Denise Hamilton, City Centre Manager, GCC Report from the Treasurer (Gerald) Report on those issues forwarded to the police (Tam) Hustings on 29th April […]
- Approved MCTCC Meeting Minutes, 23 February 2021These minutes were approved at our meeting on 30 March 2021.
- Approved MCTCC Meeting Minutes – 26 January 2021