Welcome to Merchant City & Trongate Community Council (MCTCC) – your Community Council, at the heart of Glasgow, and a warm welcome to our website, whether this is your first visit or you’re a regular visitor. We hope you find something of interest – as well as the latest news affecting our community, we have links to COVID-19 resources, a local services directory and a gallery showcasing the Merchant City & Trongate areas of Glasgow.
- Community Council Meeting 23 February 2021 – AgendaEveryone who lives or works in the Merchant City & Trongate area is invited to attend our Community Council Meeting on 23 February 2021 at 7pm. The meeting will be held via Zoom – send us a message to receive the registration link. Agenda Welcome by Chair (Duncan MacLaren) Apologies Minutes of the last meeting, […]
- NHSGGC Vaccination Programme Update13 February 2021 NHS13 GGC has vaccinated over 250,000 people since the start of December, including frontline health and social care workers, people aged 65 and older, individuals who are clinically extremely vulnerable and elderly care home residents. These priority groups have all been vaccinated in line with national targets. To date, we have been in […]
- Roadworks: Cochrane St 1 – 16 FebruaryCity Fibre will be carrying out work on Cochrane St between 1 and 16 February. There may be road closures and diversions, and delays are likely. Information from one.network.
- Police Update – Illegal Drugs consumption situation in the Merchant City/Trongate areaMCTCC received an email from Sgt Philip Showell of the Glasgow police for our area which was read out at our last Zoom meeting. He wrote, “Drug Users and their actions around misuse in the streets continue to be the biggest cause for complaint for the Merchant City. We are providing extra attention to Albion Street, […]
- New Public Transport Helpline For People Travelling to Vaccination CentresA new helpline has been set up to help people who need to travel to Glasgow’s Covid 19 mass vaccination centres by public transport. The Traveline Scotland phoneline went live this morning (Wednesday 27th) and will be staffed round-the-clock seven days a week. Anyone with an appointment at one of Glasgow’s mass vaccination centres, which […]
- NHS Scotland – Get the Right Care in the Right PlaceThe way we access urgent care has changed. To protect us and the NHS, it’s important you know how to get the right care, in the right place. If we all use NHS services wisely, we can keep well this winter and get the care we need quickly, safely and as close to home as […]
Latest Planning News
- Candleriggs Planning Application – 20/02377/MSC | Erection of mixed use developmentAn application has been submitted for the next phase of the Candleriggs redevelopment – 20/02377/MSC | Erection of mixed use development, comprising hotels (Class 7 and sui generis), including ancillary leisure, gym, event, business space and offices, residential flats (sui generis), retail (Class 1), offices (Class 2), restaurants (Class 3), public houses (sui generis) and composite restaurants/public […]
- How Good are Glasgow’s Places? Feed into the new City Development Plan22 October 2020 – Glasgow City Council is preparing a new City Development Plan and they want to hear your views on what it should say. They are working with their partners, The Future Fox to host an online engagement called Placebuilder. It is designed to help them understand the experiences and ideas of Glasgow’s […]
- Consultation on Licensing of Short Term LetsThe Scottish Government have launched a consultation on the licensing of short term lets: https://www.gov.scot/news/regulation-of-short-term-lets/ The Scottish Government’s proposals include a mandatory licensing scheme to ensure that all short-term lets are safe and to address issues faced by neighbours. The regulations, if passed by Parliament, would come into force by April 2021. These would also […]