On this page:
- Community Council News
- Health and Wellbeing
- Police Updates
- Planning Applications
- Recently Decided Applications
- Current Public Consultations
- Road Closures
Community Council News
- MCTCC Meeting Agenda, 27 April 2021Our next meeting will take place on Tuesday 27 April 2021 via Microsoft Teams. The agenda and registration details will be posted here about a week beforehand.
- Approved MCTCC Meeting Minutes, 23 February 2021These minutes were approved at our meeting on 30 March 2021.
- Approved MCTCC Meeting Minutes – 26 January 2021
Health & Wellbeing
- Public urged to phone 111 before showing up to GP Out of HoursSharp spike in unscheduled attendances putting model at risk Following an increase in the number of attempted walk-ins at GP Out of Hours centres, NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde is urging patients to call NHS24 and not turn up at GP Out of Hours sites without an appointment to help preserve the safety of other patients and […]
- NHSGGC Vaccination Programme Update13 February 2021 NHS13 GGC has vaccinated over 250,000 people since the start of December, including frontline health and social care workers, people aged 65 and older, individuals who are clinically extremely vulnerable and elderly care home residents. These priority groups have all been vaccinated in line with national targets. To date, we have been in […]
- New Public Transport Helpline For People Travelling to Vaccination CentresA new helpline has been set up to help people who need to travel to Glasgow’s Covid 19 mass vaccination centres by public transport. The Traveline Scotland phoneline went live this morning (Wednesday 27th) and will be staffed round-the-clock seven days a week. Anyone with an appointment at one of Glasgow’s mass vaccination centres, which […]
- Planning Application 21/00414/CON – Demolition of unlisted building High St/George St and erection of mixed use development UPDATED CLOSING DATEAn application has been submitted for the demolition of the buildings at 219 – 229 High St and the erection of a mixed use development comprising 239 residential flats (studio, 1 and 2 bed), residential amenity spaces, public house, retail, professional services, food and drink, office, leisure and associated access, servicing, landscaping and other physical […]
- Candleriggs Planning Application – 20/02377/MSC | Erection of mixed use developmentAn application has been submitted for the next phase of the Candleriggs redevelopment – 20/02377/MSC | Erection of mixed use development, comprising hotels (Class 7 and sui generis), including ancillary leisure, gym, event, business space and offices, residential flats (sui generis), retail (Class 1), offices (Class 2), restaurants (Class 3), public houses (sui generis) and composite restaurants/public […]
- Reminder – have your say on future plans for the King St NCP Car Park siteLocal residents are invited to give their view on proposed plans for the King St NCP Car Park Site – comments are welcome via the site below by 31st July http://kingstreetcarpark.scot
Recently Decided Applications
- 19/03665/PPP – CandleriggsErection of mixed use development, comprising hotels (Class 7 and sui generis), including ancillary leisure, gym, event, business space and offices, residential flats (sui generis), retail (Class 1), offices (Class 2), restaurants (Class 3), public houses (sui generis) and composite restaurants/public houses with associated car parking, access, landscaping, public realm and engineering/infrastructure works.
Decided Planning Applications history
Current Public Consultations
- (Y)our Merchant City WorkshopsHow would you improve the Merchant City? What projects do you think would make a difference? What would you support and like to see happen? An Action Plan and Framework for the regeneration of the Merchant City is currently being prepared by a consultant team appointed by Glasgow City Council. We want your input to […]
- No Current Public ConsultationsThere are no public consultations being run by Glasgow City Council at present. As they appear on the Glasgow Consult website, we’ll add them here.
- Roadworks Parnie St – 30 March – 4 AprilThere will be roadworks taking place on Parnie St from Tuesday 30th March – Sunday 4th April. Delays are possible. More information available from https://www.roadworksscotland.org.
- Temporary Roadworks – Howard St, 20 – 26 MarchAs part of the Spaces for People programme, there will be roadworks on Howard St between Dunlop St and Jamaica St between 20th and 26th March, to allow the temporary installation of a segregated contraflow cycle route.
- Road closures 17/18 MarchThere will be road closures around the Merchant City on Wednesday 17 and Thursday 18 March to allow filming of Annika From 15:00hrs on the 17 March 2021 until 21:00hrs on the 18 March 2021 Prohibition of waiting, loading and unloading for all vehicles · Albion Street between Blackfriars Street and property number 80 · […]
- College St Closed – 25 Feb to 26 MarchCollege St is closed at Shuttle St from now until 26 March due to roadworks taking place. Diversions are signposted.
- Road Closures 4-31 March, King StGlasgow City Council in exercise of the powers conferred on it by Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended by Schedule 1 of the Road Traffic (Temporary Restrictions) Act 1991, and of all other enabling powers, hereby makes the following Order: – This Order may be cited as “Glasgow City Council […]