On this page:
- Community Council News
- Planning Applications
- Recently Decided Applications
- Current Public Consultations
- Road Closures
Community Council News
- 20/00822/FUL – Jocelyn Square, renewal of planning permissionProposed erection of student accommodation with associated car parking, servicing and landscaping – renewal of planning permission 16/02539/DC. This is an application to renew consent given by Glasgow City Council in 2016, and should be considered alongside 20/00539/FUL – Jocelyn Square Location Site At Bridgegate/St Margarets Place/Mart Street/ Jocelyn Square Glasgow Making Comments Comments must […]
- 20/00539/FUL – Jocelyn Square – Proposed change of original consentChange to the proposed erection of student accommodation to include a roof terrace and amend the car/cycle parking arrangements. Application under Section 42 to vary Conditions 1 and 20 of consent 16/02539/DC to form a roof terrace and amend the car/ cycle parking arrangements Location Site At Bridgegate/St Margarets Place/Mart Street/ Jocelyn Square Glasgow Making […]
Health & Wellbeing News
- Public message about Covid testing25 August 2020 NHSGGC’s Public Health team has made an appeal, following a rapid rise in requests for Covid-19 tests. Since schools went back recently there has been a sharp spike in testing requests, particularly from parents concerned for their children. Dr Linda de Caestecker said: “In order to ensure we do everything we can […]
- Buses to hospitals – updated 10th AugustBus services have been updated, with more services running than previously. Please download the file below for full details. As always, check https://www.travelinescotland.com/coronavirus and http://www.spt.co.uk/bus/timetables/ for up to date information.
- Buses to Hospitals – updated 21 JuneAn updated list of buses to hospitals is available for download below. This has been prepared by SPT, and is provided by MCTCC on an as-is basis; we are not responsible for the accuracy of the content. As ever, the best place for the most current information on public transport is www.travelinescotland.com. We would encourage prospective […]
- COVID-19 Resources available for young people20 May 2020 – Glasgow City Health and Social Care Partnership have published a new resource booklet for young people. A copy is attached here, but please check their Facebook page for the latest information.
- Buses to Hospitals – updated 18 May 2020The attached list shows bus links serving NHS Hospitals in the Greater Glasgow & Clyde as of Wednesday 13th May. MCTCC cannot be held responsible for any errors or omissions. Always check with the service provider before making a journey. Bus companies The following companies currently offer services from the city centre to hospitals around […]
Recently Decided Applications
Decided Planning Applications history
Current Public Consultations
- Argyle Street / Queen St Closure 10th – 15th AugustDue to the size of excavations required at Argyle Street junction with Queen Street, SGN will temporarily close Argyle Street at the junction with Queen Street for five days, from Monday 10 August 2020. Argyle Street will be closed between Union Street and Queen Street, this also means there will be no access to Queen […]
- Spaces for People – Upcoming Works in the City Centre21 July 2020 – As part of the Spaces for People restrictions being implemented the following road closure will be in place for the safe removal of barriers from the transport trucks:- • West Regent Street between Wellington St and Hope Street from 05:00hrs until 12:00hrs on the 23 July 2020. The road will be […]
- Spaces for People – George Square ChangesFrom Friday 26th June, there will be changes to George Square for a minimum period of 10 weeks, as part of the Spaces for People project. The following work will take place on Friday 26th and Monday 29th June: The east and west sides of George Square will close to traffic, except cycles. Hanover Street […]
- No Planned Road ClosuresThere are no planned road closures in the MCTCC area at the moment.
- Consultation on Licensing of Short Term LetsThe Scottish Government have launched a consultation on the licensing of short term lets: https://www.gov.scot/news/regulation-of-short-term-lets/ The Scottish Government’s proposals include a mandatory licensing scheme to ensure that all short-term lets are safe and to address issues faced by neighbours. The regulations, if passed by Parliament, would come into force by April 2021. These would also […]
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): planning procedures – Chief Planner letter May 202029 May 2020 – a letter issued by the Minister and Chief Planner which provides updates on recent actions to keep the planning system moving, some outstanding issues and some next steps towards planning working to support recovery. https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19—planning-procedures—chief-planner-letter-may-2020/
- Changes to Pre-Application Consultations during COVID-19 pandemicDue to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Scottish Government has announced legislative changes to pre-application consultation (PAC) requirements and provides guidance on online alternatives to holding a physical public event as part of PAC. The latest information is always available from the Scottish Government website. A copy of the guidance can be downloaded below.