The information on this page is provided as a service to the community, based on articles we receive. Please contact the providers directly with any questions, as MCTCC is unable to advise. Where possible, we’ve given contact information.
Glasgow City Council
Glasgow City Council have updated their website with extensive information about service changes due to the current situation:
Glasgow Mutual Aid
Health and Wellbeing
- NHSGCC – COVID Community Assessment Centres open and ready to provide vital care19 November 2020 – As the number of patients with COVID-19 in NHSGGC hospitals is now in excess of 700, medics at NHSGGC have issued an urgent message to remind members of the public with COVID symptoms to utilise NHS 24, NHS Inform and our COVID Assessment Centres in the first instance instead of Emergency […]
- An Apology from NHSGGC about the Flu Vaccination Programme27 October 2020 – NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde (NHSGGC) is today issuing an apology to members of the public for the way in which the flu vaccination programme has been delivered so far this year. The Health Board is very aware of the concerns that have been raised by members of the public and the […]
- NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde – COVID-19 resourcesFor the latest guidance around COVID-19, including visiting restrictions, please visit https://www.nhsggc.org.uk/your-health/health-issues/covid-19-coronavirus/for-patients-the-public/
- Getting the flu vaccine 20204 October 2020 – From NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde Please do not contact MCTCC about your flu jab. Please contact NHS on 0141 201 4180 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Due to restrictions around physical distancing and stopping the potential spread of infection, the way in which we will be carrying out the vaccination programme has changed. […]
- Bus Services to NHS Hospitals21 September 2020 The latest update on bus services to NHS hospitals can be downloaded below. Please check with Travel Line and/or Operator before travelling. Reminder of useful links: https://www.travelinescotland.com/coronavirus
Scottish Government COVID-19 Resources
Social Security Scotland
Best Start Grant Pregnancy and Baby Payment has been extended:
- If you’re unable to apply for Pregnancy and Baby Payment due to COVID-19 @SocSecScot are now accepting applications up until your baby turns one. If you’re a kinship carer this has been extended to one year and six months old
- Parents or carers under the age of 18 are automatically entitled to Best Start Grant Pregnancy and Baby Payment. People could still be eligible after their 18th birthday if Covid-19 meant that they couldn’t get their application in on time.
- If you were unable to apply for Best Start Grant Early Learning Payment due to COVID-19 @scotgov are extending eligibility up until your child’s 4th Birthday.
- Parents or carers under the age of 18 are automatically entitled to Best Start Grant School Age Payment. People could still be eligible after their 18th birthday if Covid-19 meant that they couldn’t get their application in on time.
.@SocSecScot are now accepting applications from young carers who were eligible for Young Carer Grant but unable to apply for it before turning 19 due to COVID-19.
Find out more about the grant and apply here: mygov.scot/young-carer-grant
Funeral Support Payment
Applications for Funeral Support Payment can be made up to six months after the funeral has taken place. But if you miss this deadline due to COVID-19 @SocSecScot will still consider applications.
For more information and to apply visit mygov.scot/funeral-support-payment/
Supporting Communities Safely – Scottish Community Development Centre
Advice for community groups, organisations and volunteer networks fighting Covid-19 – https://www.scdc.org.uk/supporting-communities-safely
Websites and Helplines
COPE Scotland has been caring about the mental health and wellbeing of people since 1991. They are based in Scotland and through their website, we are able to share what we have learned about stress, mental health, emotional health and distress and wellbeing.
Their website aims to offer a variety of self-help tools promoting improved mental health, emotional health, resilience and tools to manage stress and enhance feelings of wellbeing including; tips sheets for managing stress and emotional distress and promoting mental health and wellbeing. We produce videos on mental health videos, managing stress videos and online wellbeing training courses which you can use on your own or in your organisation.
Wee steps to lift your mood