The information on this page is provided as a service to the community, based on articles we receive. Please contact the providers directly with any questions, as MCTCC is unable to advise. Where possible, we’ve given contact information.
Glasgow City Council
Glasgow City Council have updated their website with extensive information about service changes due to the current situation:
Glasgow Mutual Aid
Health and Wellbeing
- Women, Destitution & No Recourse to Public FundsThe Glasgow Violence Against Women Partnership (GVAWP) are delighted to announce the launch of the Women, Destitution & NoRecourse to Public Funds Project, developed by the Women, Asylum, Immigration and Refugee Working Group (WAIR). The project is a joint initiative between the GVAWP, Glasgow Women’s Aid and British Red Cross and has been funded by GCC… Read more: Women, Destitution & No Recourse to Public Funds
- Wise Women – Women’s Safety in GlasgowWise Women are a voluntary sector organisation in Glasgow, established in 1994, that supports women to improve their personal safety and confidence. Tget are currently working in partnership with Glasgow Girls Club, Commonplace and Glasgow Violence Against Women’s Partnership to gather information on women’s safety in the city. To achieve this they have developed an… Read more: Wise Women – Women’s Safety in Glasgow
- Public urged to phone 111 before showing up to GP Out of HoursSharp spike in unscheduled attendances putting model at risk Following an increase in the number of attempted walk-ins at GP Out of Hours centres, NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde is urging patients to call NHS24 and not turn up at GP Out of Hours sites without an appointment to help preserve the safety of other patients and… Read more: Public urged to phone 111 before showing up to GP Out of Hours
- NHSGGC Vaccination Programme Update13 February 2021 NHS13 GGC has vaccinated over 250,000 people since the start of December, including frontline health and social care workers, people aged 65 and older, individuals who are clinically extremely vulnerable and elderly care home residents. These priority groups have all been vaccinated in line with national targets. To date, we have been in… Read more: NHSGGC Vaccination Programme Update
- New Public Transport Helpline For People Travelling to Vaccination CentresA new helpline has been set up to help people who need to travel to Glasgow’s Covid 19 mass vaccination centres by public transport. The Traveline Scotland phoneline went live this morning (Wednesday 27th) and will be staffed round-the-clock seven days a week. Anyone with an appointment at one of Glasgow’s mass vaccination centres, which… Read more: New Public Transport Helpline For People Travelling to Vaccination Centres
Scottish Government COVID-19 Resources
Social Security Scotland
Best Start Grant Pregnancy and Baby Payment has been extended:
- If you’re unable to apply for Pregnancy and Baby Payment due to COVID-19 @SocSecScot are now accepting applications up until your baby turns one. If you’re a kinship carer this has been extended to one year and six months old
- Parents or carers under the age of 18 are automatically entitled to Best Start Grant Pregnancy and Baby Payment. People could still be eligible after their 18th birthday if Covid-19 meant that they couldn’t get their application in on time.
- If you were unable to apply for Best Start Grant Early Learning Payment due to COVID-19 @scotgov are extending eligibility up until your child’s 4th Birthday.
- Parents or carers under the age of 18 are automatically entitled to Best Start Grant School Age Payment. People could still be eligible after their 18th birthday if Covid-19 meant that they couldn’t get their application in on time.
.@SocSecScot are now accepting applications from young carers who were eligible for Young Carer Grant but unable to apply for it before turning 19 due to COVID-19.
Find out more about the grant and apply here: mygov.scot/young-carer-grant
Funeral Support Payment
Applications for Funeral Support Payment can be made up to six months after the funeral has taken place. But if you miss this deadline due to COVID-19 @SocSecScot will still consider applications.
For more information and to apply visit mygov.scot/funeral-support-payment/
Supporting Communities Safely – Scottish Community Development Centre
Advice for community groups, organisations and volunteer networks fighting Covid-19 – https://www.scdc.org.uk/supporting-communities-safely
Websites and Helplines
COPE Scotland has been caring about the mental health and wellbeing of people since 1991. They are based in Scotland and through their website, we are able to share what we have learned about stress, mental health, emotional health and distress and wellbeing.
Their website aims to offer a variety of self-help tools promoting improved mental health, emotional health, resilience and tools to manage stress and enhance feelings of wellbeing including; tips sheets for managing stress and emotional distress and promoting mental health and wellbeing. We produce videos on mental health videos, managing stress videos and online wellbeing training courses which you can use on your own or in your organisation.