MCTCC are continuing to meet during the COVID-19 pandemic, using video conferencing. Our meetings run on the Zoom platform. Anyone wanting to attend must first register for the meeting. If you’re on our mailing list, you’ll receive the registration link automatically. If you’re not currently on our mailing list, you can ask for the registration link to be sent to you by contacting us.
You may be aware that Zoom’s recent surge in popularity has brought it to the attention of unsavoury elements of the net. In order to protect our community and Community Councillors, we have taken the following steps to reduce the risk:
- People must register for the conference, and provide a valid email address, in order to receive the link and ID for the meeting
- Host access is controlled using 2 Factor Authentication.
- Meetings require an ID and password if the attendee is not joining from the link in their registration confirmation.
- The registration link is only sent to people on the MCTCC mailing list. The meeting is posted on Facebook and Twitter, but people have to send a message to request the link.
- There is a waiting room for the conference, where people are held until the appropriate time. The host controls who gains access.
- The video feed and chat are monitored throughout the meeting to ensure no inappropriate material is shared.
- The host has the ability to mute, cut off video or eject someone from the meeting at any time.
- Only one person can screen share at a time, and it cannot be taken over by anyone except the host.
- File sharing is not permitted.
- The conference is only recorded if those present agree. The recording is not stored on Zoom’s servers. The audio is shared with the secretary to allow completion of the minutes, and the recording is destroyed once the minutes are approved.