From 18:30 until 20:30
Annual General Meeting and Monthly Meeting
Glasgow City Chambers, and online via Zoom
Gatehouse Entrance, Cochrane St, Glasgow
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING (AGM) & ELECTION MEETING
6:30 PM TUESDAY 31ST OCTOBER 2023
COMMITTEE ROOM, GLASGOW CITY CHAMBERS, 64 COCHRANE STREET, GLASGOW, G2 1DU
The Chair will officiate for the Annual General Meeting
- Record membership attendance and apologies received.
- Approve the presented minutes of the last Annual General Meeting (AGM 2022).
- Approve Chairperson’s annual report (written or minuted at the AGM).
- Approve Treasurer’s submission of Independently Examined Statement of Accounts.
- Demit of current office bearers and all other members.
The Independent Returning Officer (IRO) will now officiate for the call of nominations for the Community Council and the call for nominations for the election of Office Bearers
- Call of Nominations for the Community Council.
- Call for nominations for the election of Office Bearers and representatives:
- Vice Chairperson
- Minute Secretary
- Area Partnership Lead Contact
- Area Partnership Substitute Contact
- Planning Contact
- Licensing Contact
The newly elected Chair will officiate for the remainder of the Annual General Meeting & Election Meeting
- Note continuation of the Scheme for the Establishment of Community Councils.
- Note the appointment of an Independent Examiner of accounts for the next year.
- Note the appointment of associate members.
- Review the Inventory and Additional Resources (see clause 8.7 of the Scheme 2018).
- Chairperson declares that a date in October of following year (2024) will host the next AGM.
The Independent Returning Officer duties are now complete. The Chairperson may now officiate for an ordinary Community Council meeting.
Monthly Meeting Agenda
- Welcome and apologies
- Approval of minutes of meeting held on 26 September
- Matters arising from September meeting:
- Safe drugs consumption facility
- Low Emission Zone
- Great Scottish Run - Lack of notice and signage
- E-bikes and scooters
- Flooding in and around Ingram Street/Candleriggs
- Other follow-ups on walkabout with Councillor Angus Millar
- Police report
- Purpose-built student accommodation (Dominus), Osborne Street
- ‘Merchant City Park’
- ‘Golden Z’
- House of Gods, Glassford Street
- New applications
- Merchant City Village
- Night clubs opening to 4 am
- Short-term lets
- New applications
- Grant giving scheme
- Consultation on busking in city centre
- Any other business
- Date of next meeting